Skills Week 3 – 7 August
Develop academic and career skills to get you off to a good start.
Week 2 is Skills Week!
This week will help provide you with the skills for academic and career success and introduce you to academic and career support services available at Flinders. Skills Week also provides the perfect opportunity to start planning your path to future career success.
If you’re studying on campus at Bedford Park or Sturt, there are a range of free study and career events happening throughout the week. Not studying on campus at Bedford Park? No worries! There are study support and career resources available online too.
Top tips for the week:
- Participate in your O’Guide group session to get tips on developing your academic skill set.
- Check out Studiosity – 24/7 online study support. It’s available via Okta.
- Create a LinkedIn account and connect with fellow students and staff.
- Check out helpful Flinders University services such as the Library’s online information.
- Update or create a resume – view our top tips on Career Hub
- Check out Careers and Employability services
- Visit the Work Integrated Learning webpage for information on industry experiences.
- Visit the orientation planner for more information about events and activities.
All students starting at Flinders in 2020 will be given access to the online orientation topic Finding Your Way at Flinders, through Flinders Learning Online (FLO). This topic has been created to; help you get to know how university works, introduce you to the skills you need to be successful at University, and provide information about where to go for help if you need (Flinders has loads of support services).
You should be able to see this topic under the ‘Additional’ tab in FLO. You would have also received a direct link by email. (Please note: you will be added to the ‘Finding Your Way at Flinders’ topic within a week after you enrol for Semester One at Flinders. However if you do not have access you can self-enrol.)
Liz is an Honours student in Women’s Studies at Flinders. She credits the Flinders Horizon Professional Development Award Program for opening doors to employment, and for helping her settle into Adelaide life after relocating from Western Australia. Read Liz’s story.