Focus on your health and wellbeing.
Week 4 is Wellbeing Week!
Join us for our last week of orientation this semester.
University life can be rewarding, but also challenging when balancing study with other commitments! Here at Flinders, were committed to supporting your physical and mental wellbeing.
The purpose of Wellbeing Week is to connect you with self-help resources available to students at Flinders University. During Wellbeing Week, a range of free events and activities will be happening on campus.
Top tips for the week – if you’re studying on campus at Bedford Park
- Attend Health and Wellness Day.
- Participate in games and activities in the Plaza.
- Enjoy live music in the Student Hub.
- Attend a wellbeing seminar, yoga, meditation, boot camp and self-defence classes.
- Drop into the Meet & Greet space in the Welcome Hub (level 0 of the Student Hub).
- Check out information on the Flinders Community Market for free and cheap healthy food options.
- Join the Oasis Wellbeing Ambassador Program.
- Join Flinders Sports and Fitness for low cost exercise, fitness and wellbeing services.
Visit the orientation planner for more information about events and activities.
Top tips for the week – if you’re studying at another campus or online
- Explore the student services Flinders University provides for students.
- Join a sports team! Flinders has 23 sporting clubs, for all abilities in both recreational and competitive leagues. To find a club to join click here.
- Visit the Health, Counselling and Disability blog for self-help resources.
- Download a free online wellbeing journal.
Top tips for all students:
All students starting at Flinders in 2020 will be given access to the online orientation topic Finding Your Way at Flinders, through Flinders Learning Online (FLO). This topic has been created to; help you get to know how university works, introduce you to the skills you need to be successful at University, and provide information about where to go for help if you need (Flinders has loads of support services).
You should be able to see this topic under the ‘Additional’ tab in FLO. You would have also received a direct link by email. (Please note: you will be added to the ‘Finding Your Way at Flinders’ topic within a week after you enrol for Semester One at Flinders.)